Meal times can be really challenging when your child struggles with sensory issues that make certain foods intolerable for them and sitting for dinner with the family can be difficult for your child to accomplish with their active mind.
There are strategies that can help!
- Provide an overview of feeding problems among children with ASD
- Review your child's current feeding problems
- Discuss the importance of a mealtime routine
- Develop a treatment plan for food selectivity/texture preferences
- Develop a treatment plan for difficulties sitting at the table
- Develop a treatment plan for eating too quickly
- Develop a treatment plan for over eating